• In just the past four years, Abrams co-produced four feature films. First there was the micro-budget feature RAW CUT which has worldwide distribution. This was followed by MINING FOR RUBY - which co-stars Billy Zane & Mischa Barton - and was ranked as the 150th best-selling “New & Noteworthy” Romance film of all time on iTunes. It is distributed by Gravitas Ventures (in North America) and Multivisionnaire (internationally under the title FINDING LOVE IN ALASKA). The third was the breast cancer documentary entitled PINK & BLUE: COLORS OF HEREDITARY CANCER which was Oscar-qualified (with theatrical runs at the Laemmle Music Hall 3 in Los Angeles as well as the AMC Empire 25 in Times Square in NYC). The fourth film is ON WINGS OF EAGLES where Abrams served as Co-Executive Producer shepherding post-production of the Western cut as well as securing financing and distribution through Archstone's output deal with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
• Abrams has been a Member of the Producers Guild of America for over a decade and was elected to a 3-year term on its AP Council Board of Delegates. He also produced & moderated several seminars for the PGA and contributed several columns for the PGA’s PRODUCED BY magazine as well as its website. He wrote about revenue waterfalls in feature films as well as the definitive piece on “Sizzle Reels”.
• The short film, THE KNEW-IT-ALL (which Abrams wrote, directed & produced), played in three film festivals (including the Big Apple Film Festival in NYC - which is held at the Tribeca Cinemas).
• Abrams' dark comedy short CURRENTLY ADOPTED took 1st Place in Indi.com's "Show Us You're Funny" Competition (September 2015) and also played at the 5-Minute Film Festival (LA) and the Connect Film Festival (held at the Downtown Independent Theater in LA).
• Abrams produced, directed and wrote pilot presentations at the HBO/Warner Bros. TV Workspace, The Powerhouse Theater and the Stella Adler Theater (including “The RAs” starring Jenna Fischer before she was on “The Office”).
• He was the Executive Producer, Director, and Writer of the Bodog Entertainment web series about a punk rockstar’s wedding entitled “Bif Naked Bride” which was an Official Honoree in the 2008 Webby Awards.
• He has produced hundreds of hours of television (non-fiction/Reality TV, game shows, talk shows, documentaries etc.). He was the Supervising Producer of the 2014 Emmy-Nominated SundanceTV show “The Writers’ Room” and currently serves as a freelance Director at LeopardUSA for HGTV's "House Hunters International".
• Abrams co-founded UMEC (the University of Michigan Entertainment Coalition), co-edited/wrote the UMEC Handbook, and moderated numerous industry panels for alumni and associated alumni groups.
Daniel Lawrence Abrams